The purpose of this article is to show several specific ways that philosophy can be implemented for making healthy decisions.
Here goes, one idea for each week in the year:
1. Responsibility-Take responsibility for yourself. You alone are the master of your own health destiny.
2. Philosophy-Without the correct roadmap to health, how can that destination ever be reached? Evaluate all life choices with the knowledge that you are a natural creature, alternativehealthdirectory designed to live in nature. Veer from this roadmap the least to have the most health.
3. Prevention-Prevention is not a vaccine, pill, or check-up. Obey your genetic design as closely as possible so when illness does occur you can know you have done the best you could. jewishbulletin
4. Illness-The first thing to do when you feel ill is to stop eating for the first twenty-four to thirty-six hours. The digestion of food requires immune system attention and diverts the strength and energy the body needs to fight the disease and heal. Drink lots of alkaline water at room temperature or heated (see #6). When the fast is broken, campingbob eat no carbohydrates at all. Infections thrive on carbohydrates and in the acidic environment they create. Take probiotic (see #11) supplements immediately and antioxidant supplements after the worst part of the illness has passed.
5. Injury-Heat is a super healer. Heat is life, cold is death. Heat the whole body or the body part to speed recovery. Only use cold for the first few hours after trauma to a body part. Exercise the part as soon as it can be done without undue pain. Heat and exercise improve circulation and bring healing elements to the injury, speed their activity, and ferry debris, toxins, and pathogen carcasses away. For overuse injuries, online casino malaysia there is no substitute for resting the part for a time.
6. Water-Try to drink 3-4 quarts of purified (preferably alkaline) water each day. Do it regardless of thirst. Drink more if sweating. Get it all done before supper so you don’t have to race to the bathroom all night. Squeeze fresh lemon juice in the water to help reverse acidemia, which virtually everyone in modern society has and which is a fundamental, underlying cause of disease (1-2). Don’t wash food down with water. This can lead to overeating and inhibit digestion.
7. Processed oils-Avoid hydrogenated and all other heat processed oils as much as possible. Hydrogenated oils are toxic and heat processed oils are oxidized, making them toxic as well. Best choices for cooking are natural, more heat-stable saturated fats such as butter, and oils such as from coconut, palm, sesame, and olive.
8. Sun-The sun is not the enemy, it is the energy that underlies all life. It has a critical impact on mood, immunity, general health, and vitality. Try to expose as much of the skin as possible to the sun every day for at least 30 minutes or so. In sunlight the skin synthesizes the most important vitamin/hormone in the body, vitamin D. Do not get burned since that can cause genetic damage to the skin. Use natural sunscreens, global intuit shade, and clothing to prevent overexposure. Use sun-mimicking, full-spectrum lighting in the home.
9. Cosmetics and personal care products-Read the labels. If the ingredients are not, in principle, edible, don’t use them. The skin absorbs similarly to the intestinal tract.
10. Living food-Make raw food the predominant part of the diet. It is what every other creature on the planet eats, so why not learn from their wisdom? Supplement with food enzymes if eating cooked or processed, and therefore enzyme-devoid, foods.
11. Probiotics-Supplement the diet with probiotic cultures and eat foods such as yogurt (non-sugared) and other cultured and fermented products. These friendly bacteria fight pathogens, boost immunity, and synthesize vitamins, enzymes, and other nutritional factors. They are destroyed or thrown out of balance with the use of antibiotics and pharmaceuticals. There are more microorganisms in the intestinal tract than the total number of cells in the body. Grow the right kind and nurture them properly with these 52 principles.
12. Vitamins and minerals-Take full spectrum supplements every day. Modern factory farming and food processing diminish these nutrients in the food supply. The stresses of modern life also increase our needs. Larger doses than contained in the average diet have been proven to prevent and reverse a number of diseases.
13. Antioxidants-Take antioxidant supplements (at least vitamins A, C, and E) and eat fresh fruits and vegetables. The huge oxidant (acid) burden on the body caused by modern living needs to be counteracted.
14. Organic and free range-Foods raised in this way are higher in nutrients and lower in toxins. Such farming methods are environmentally friendly and more sustainable. Send a message to the industrial, petrochemical farm by diverting dollars to those who have foresight and conscience. Free-range foods are more nutritious (they follow the principle of #2) and are raised more humanely. A clear choice.
15. Nontoxic home-Choose the least toxic home construction materials and cleaning supplies.
16. Lab tests-Avoid medical tests unless there is a manifest problem and a test will make a difference in terms of effective treatment. False positives can kill with the stress of worry; false negatives send a person on their merry way while disease continues to grow. Also, if you feel healthy, be very skeptical of any test that attempts to tell you differently, and most certainly be hesitant to begin dangerous medical interventions based upon it.
17. Clinical tests-Do not assume tests such as prostate, colon, and breast screenings are necessary. They are unproven and are not ‘prevention.’ They put a person in the medical mill and divert attention from where it belongs: taking control of one’s own health destiny. (This ‘anti-medical’ advice will make more sense after the next section.)
18. Variety-Eat a variety of foods but not at each meal. Variety decreases the odds of toxicity and broadens the spectrum of nutrients. It is not necessary to get every nutrient in the universe at each meal. Relax, your body has reserve capacity. Try to eat no more than two categories at a meal. For example, for supper, eat meat and a salad.
19. Cooking-Do as little of it as possible. Heat is the enemy of nutrients. When cooking, use high temperature for short time to preserve the most nutritional value. Quick grilling, double contact table top type grills, and the new steam ovens are good choices.
20. Dairy-If you choose to eat dairy products, get raw, non- homogenized, and non-pasteurized milk, cheeses, and yogurt if they can be found. If not, eat whole milk yogurts. Some people find a dairy farm where they can buy part of a cow and then legally obtain raw whole milk from it.
21. Omega-3 fatty acids-The modern diet is deficient in this critical class of fatty acids. To increase them, eat more cold water fish (if they are not laden with mercury or other toxins), wild meat, grass-fed meats, raw vegetables, and tree nuts. Fatty acid supplements are also a good idea to make up for the deficit, but be sure they are of the highest quality, properly protected with natural antioxidants, kept in the refrigerator, and protected from light and air.
22. Dental health-Diseased gums and teeth can seed the body with infection and depress the immune system. Keep teeth clean and do not permit dental procedures that destroy or remove tooth structure unless there is no alternative. If repair is needed, do not use toxic mercury/silver amalgam; microblading near me use porcelain or gold instead and find a dentist who understands this. Find a holistic dentist who uses new technologies such as tooth-preserving laser.
23. Vaccines-Avoid them. Health is the best immunity. If taken, the killed varieties in oral or nasal form are most natural and safe. Don’t believe the promotion of flu vaccines which studies have shown to be ineffective (3-4). Use natural supplements with scientifically proven immune stimulating and antipathogen properties, such as selenium, quercetin, tumeric, echinacia, astragalus, burdock root, goldenseal, vitamin D, and probiotics. Hydrating with a gallon of alkaline water per day does wonders in preventing and reversing infections (5-6).
24. Pharmaceuticals-Avoid symptom-based medications if at all possible. Removing symptoms does not cure disease, and there are just too many potential adverse side effects. No disease was ever caused by a deficiency of a pharmaceutical and therefore a pharmaceutical cannot be the answer (7).